Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov 30, 2009

Hey Momma

Sounds like Thanksgiving was a pretty good day for ya all. To tell you the truth my Thanksgiving was a pretty normal day. No one really does anything for this day as you all know it is an American Holiday. So tell me how did grandma and grandpa like going down to Mexico? There are sooo many people like the family that they helped. So many don't have a house let alone food to eat. I am 100% sure that that family will never forget what happened Thanksgiving day!!!
Well I guess now it is time for the news of Mexcio. I don't have changes. Everyone was telling me that I was gonna get changed but looks like I will be having another cylce here in Neza. I am excited to stay here though. This last Sunday we had a family of 6 go to church and hopefully we can prepare them to go into the waters of baptism in 2 more Sundays. It is amazing to watch how the gospel changes the lives of families. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be in this marveloues work.
So has the weather been changing over there in good ole AZ? Over here it is cold in the nights but really hot during the days. Its pretty weird. All in all everything is really nice though.
Well me and my companion had the opportunity to baptize a lady named Rosa this past Sunday. Oh man and let me tell you how much patience I have gained teaching her. She comes from a big christan church so to start off she had alot of incorrect beliefs. Little by little I could see the spirit enter into her life and see that she had a desire to know the truth. We visited her quite a bit but I realized that all we do as missionaries is teach and invite the spirit to touch the hearts of our investigators. It is up to them to feel the spirit or not. This week I was praying that Rosa would recieve her answer and well it happened. It made me realize how important it is to have the spirit with us when we teach!!
Well I kinda ran out of things to say but I hope all is going good for you all. Always remember that you are in my prayers and thoughts

con mucho amor

Elder Reed

No comments: