Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 21. 2010

Mexico and the world cup. Man there are a couple things that you dont mess with the mexican over here 1. there tacos 2. beans 3. there soccer
VIVA MEXICO!!!

Well family here I am again. Another week has passed by and boy howdy the time is just going quick. Over here in Mexico alot of things are going on. Here in the mission we are going to go through alot of changes in these next couple days. Wednesday we have a huge multi-zone conference, the last one with President Bulloch, that is really wierd for me to say! After that, next week, we have changes. We are going to be losing 24 missionaries and going to recieve 17. I had a feeling that I was going to be training this next cycle but President talk to me about a week ago and told me something leading me to think that I am going to die as a Zone Leader, which is ok with me.
All in all things are going pretty good over here in Pachuca. Our zone did pretty good this last week and ended off with 14 baptisms. It was really awesome. We just got to make sure that we stay consistent. Me and Elder Rodriguez had the opportunity to baptize a kid called Aldair. I think I told you about him last week. Well we had his service this past Sunday and boy was it crazy. hahah What happened is that I started filling up the font at like 11 o clock so that is would be filled at 3 for his baptism. Well at like 2:30 I went to go check the font and you guessed it. It only had about 2 inches of water in it, we didnt have any water in the church. Well we made a call to one of our DL and had him start filling his font. Our services ended and then we took off to the other church. When we arrived the font was filled but with ice cold freezing water. haha (luckily my companion was going to baptize :) well they both got changed into their white clothes and entered into the water. Poor Aldair, he was shaking from head to toe. Well they hurried and did the baptism and everything turned out great. It really was a good service!
Oh I forgot to tell you that I hurt my ankle last week. I went to the doctor and took some X-rays. I think everything is going to be ok. Well I kinda ran out of things to says. Im sorry I don't write as good as Elder Ashcroft. Man he really does have a gift for writing and quite alot more patience with the keyboard than I do. Well I love you all sooo much and let me know if you need anything

con mucho amor

Elder Reed

No comments: