Monday, January 19, 2009

Jan 19, 2009

Hey family!!
I can't believe that the cardinals are going to the Super Bowl. The year that I can't watch them is the year they decide to do good. Go figure. haha. Well I have some news here from Tulancingo ( oh this is the name of the city that I am in right now :) We had 2 baptizms this past Sunday. There names are Marcela y Guadalupe. The are so amazing and grateful for the gospel. It is so amazing how the Lord will prepare people and all you have to do is trust in him and talk to people and be OBEDIENT! I love this gospel so much. Well I have a pretty ironic story for you all. My companions name is Elder Lechuga and he is such an amazing Elder. Well we were talking this past week about his stay in the MTC. Well he told me that his companion in the MTC was going to a different mission than him so I asked him what mission he was going to. He told me that he was assigned to go to Mission Mexico West. Well, I write Preston about every week and he told me that he recieved a new missionary to train the same time I did so this past week I asked preston what his name was and he told me. Well come to find out Prestons companion was the companion of my companion in the MTC! How ironic is that. I just about peed my pants when I found out. So I guess we are just one big happy missionary family. Well that is my story for this week. So how is everyone doing? Are you all staying busy? Oh and yes mom I did get the package you sent me finally. Thank you so much. I love the John Deere stocking. All the Mexican Elders in my district loved all the "American" food that you sent me ;) haha Well all is well here just staying busy learning the language and preaching the gospel. I love you all so much and please let me now if I can do anything for you all.
con mucho AMOR!!
Elder Reed

No comments: