Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010

Hey momma,

Well how has everything been going for ya? Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend with the temple dedication, Calvins B Day, and then Daytons B Day. Man I beat you are just happy it is all over huh. Well me and my companion also had a pretty busy week. Oh by the way I received a new companion. His name is Elder Rodriguez and he comes from Gudalajara just like my last companion. He has about 18 months in the mission and is a really hard worker. I know that we are going to see alot of miracles in these next couple of weeks. Well we worked pretty hard and had the opportunity to baptize a girl called Otilia. She is 14 and has a really hard life. Her mom abandoned her about 4 years ago and ever since then her dad has been a drunk. He doesn't work and when he leaves the house it is to go buy more alcohol to drink. She has 1 older brother that is 17 who is a drugatic and another sister that is 16 who also does drugs. Otilia went to church for the first time 2 weeks ago and loved it. She told me she really feels love there and that someone actually wants her and cares for her. The church really is an amazing thing isn't it.
Well for this next Sunday me and my companion are hoping to baptize a family of 4. We have been working for quite some time with them but I really feel like this is their week so if you could keep them is your prayers I would greatly appreciate it!
Oh I heard that the Suns are doing pretty good huh. I really hope they beat the Lakers this year. That would be way cool. Well I better get going. I feel bad because I forgot my camera in the house hopefully next week I will be able to send you some more pitures.

love ya a ton

Elder Reed

YA i did recieve the package that you sent me. Thank you soo much I really enjoyed the sunflower seeds and the missionaries absolutely LOVE the horseshoe key rings. I have been getting soooo sooo many calls asking to have one. THANKS!

No comments: